Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Semana 9 en Parque Subercaseaux

"We don`t have daylight savings until next week, and we gain an hour of sleep instead of losing one. Awesome. I think after my mission I`ll come to Chile for the weekend every time we have to spring forward in the U.S. because we are falling back here. Next week we will be 5 hours apart!

"Pabla is doing well I think, but we are no longer teaching her because she doesn`t live in our sector. We sent the reference to the missionaries in the east mission last week. Maria Eugenia still wants to get baptized, but her mom is very sick and she has to take care of her every day from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., which is when her sister gets home from work and then they switch. So she won`t be getting baptized March 28th as we had hoped I think it`s just not her time yet.but we are working a lot with Seba to help him get the priesthood so we`ll see how that goes.

"We meet with President Jones once every six weeks and we have interviews for about 30 minutes, and we kind of just talk about how we are doing.

"For my birthday I would really just like a tie or two. I kind of need another yellow one, I like the one I have but it is getting old and wrinkly. I know there is something else that I need, but I can`t think of it. If you could send peanut butter and m&ms in my next package that would be great.

"With the new comp I would say that being the exact opposite of Elder Noguera can be a good thing and a bad thing. Elder Noguera was very focused on following the Spirit, and not so much the rules. Elder Carpenter seems to me to be the opposite of that. I am just trying my best to keep all of the rules and follow the Spirit. Sometimes we are so focused on the letter of the law that we turn into Pharisees and forget about the Spirit, and other times we focus so much on the spirit of the law that we end up breaking all of the rules. It is quite the dilemna... President Jones actually asked me to give a talk on that in the next zone conference, which will be this Wednesday. I will let you know how it goes."

No comments: